The Digital Manager is a full time position based at the AFL Player’s Association office, Albert Park. The Digital Manager is responsible for the strategic direction and implementation of the AFL Players’ Association’s digital strategies and platforms, including website, social media channels, community growth and commercial acquisition and optimisation. The role would suit a highly motivated individual who is able to work autonomously, while demonstrating strong leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with a small team. The Digital Manager will have strong time management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines. The successful applicant will enjoy a challenge, be brimming with creative, strategic and tactical ideas, and have a strong understanding of the AFL/sport environment, news cycles and community build.
Reports to: Communications Manager
The Digital Manager is responsible for developing, delivering, and executing the Association’s digital marketing strategy. Successful planning and tactical execution through a broad range of appropriate digital marketing channels—including online, mobile, social, email, digital and and SEO—will grow the business and achieve Association strategic objectives through increased awareness, traffic, community engagement lead generation, lead conversion and brand recognition.
The ideal candidate will be a strong strategist, innovator and analyst, have an understanding of technology applications and demonstrate diligence in executing well laid plans. The Digital Manager will have an established understanding of news worthiness and content, with strong writing and editorial abilities.
The Digital Manager must understand which digital communication channels best convey the brand message or reach the targeted audience and will work closely with internal clients to create digital communication solutions to accompany the Players’ Association’s overall Marketing Communications strategy.
Developing and managing the implementation of digital strategies that drive growth in commercial acquisition and brand awareness across all areas of the Association is crucial in this role. To drive sponsorship growth, community build and engagement, and deepening stakeholder management to improve digital performance, profitability and member and consumer experience is essential.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement AFL Players’ brand and digital strategy, footprint and accessibility to aid acquisition and engagement of audiences. Introduction of new initiatives and acquisitions, with an objective to track conversion rates and focus on increase in community build.
- Develop, implement and deliver best practice digital communications, marketing and campaign strategies that deliver a proven ROI with a focus on tactics, action plans and timelines based on project scope, schedule and budget.
- Develop, create and execute content strategy as Editor of Association digital channels, including written, video, podcasts, and communications (including EDMs).
- Responsibility for CMS, function, usability, design and content of the Association digital channels.
- Identify new business and develop proposals to maximise digital activation. Sponsor servicing and management, including maximisation of digital campaigns and sponsor reporting.
- Day to day management digital budget to develop digital acquisition, engagement and retention strategy while working with each department to implement campaigns and initiatives to achieve sponsor activation KPI’s. Track individual channel profitability to underpin optimal allocation of digital marketing budget.
- Manage online promotions, SEO, conversion optimisation, third party and affiliate partnerships, reporting and analysis.
- Use analytic tools to track, monitor and optimise digital presence, segmentation, and campaigns based on historical performance.
- Prepare qualitative and quantitative analysis reports and dashboards to inform various audiences of our collective performance in all dimensions of digital marketing efforts, showcasing the impact achieved for our sponsors. Report digital strategy, analytics and campaign/innovation results to Executive team and board.
- Remain up to date with, and introduce, new digital trends, analytics, programming and applications. Tracking and evaluation of customer research, market conditions and competitor data.
- Gather, source and distribute news, utilising editing software.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, with particular attention given to Members, AFL, Clubs, Agents and Broadcasters.
- Management of key agencies, including but not limited to, digital and creative to achieve successful delivery of digital goals and objectives.
- Provide media support to Communications Manager, including key messaging and media liaison.
- Project manage to completion of digital projects, meeting set deadlines.
- 3-5 years of proven experience in digital, news and content, communications or commercial roles
- Deep understanding of digital marketing strategies and tactics across a range of channels including social media, search marketing, e-commerce, lead generation, web analytics and others
- Strong organisational and project management skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Proficiency using tools to track and report on analytics
- Strong written skills and ability to understand and impact on news cycle
- Ability to work and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a small, dynamic team
Degree in Marketing, Communications or related discipline
Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs
Marketing & Communications Digital & Search Marketing